APPLYING FOR A PERMIT TO CARRY A HANDGUN
Visit https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/forms.shtml (NJSP WEBSITE), scroll down to Form# S.P 642, PRINT (1) ONE DOUBLE-SIDED COPY, AND COMPLETE. HAND IN ALONG WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Driver’s License and Birth Certificate OR Driver License and Passport OR Driver’s License and Naturalization Paperwork/Green Card.
- One (1) State of New Jersey Application For Permit to Carry A Handgun, Form SP642. Must be double sided and
- Two (2) color passport size
- Consent for Mental Health Search, Form SP066. https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/pdf/sp-066.pdf
- Written proof of ownership and qualification with the handgun(s) you intend on
- Proof of ownership can be a purchase receipt or purchase permit or a notarized letter of ownership listing make, model, and serial number of handgun (s).
- Written qualification must be within six (6) months of application and must include make, model, caliber, and serial number of handgun(s) you intend to
- Written proof of firearms instructor certification.
- Money Order in the amount of $50.00 payable to: “New Jersey State Police” along with an additional $150.00 fee (check or money order) paid directly to “The Township of Mullica”.
- Once all requirements are met, application can be placed in an envelope/folder addressed to Cpl. Barry Heffley, and dropped off at the Mullica Township Police Station during normal business hours
**ALL APPLICANTS FOR PERMIT TO CARRY MUST BE FINGERPRINTED. APPLICANT MUST SCHEDULE FINGERPRINTING THROUGH THE IDENTIGO WEBSITE. THE FINGERPRINT SERVICE CODE IS 2F164B. PRIOR TO SCHEDULING, THE APPLICANT MUST OBTAIN A DEPARTMENT CASE NUMBER BY CALLING THE POLICE STATION (M-F 9-5, (609) 561-7600 EXT. 3 OR (609) 561-7600 EXT. 155). PROOF OF FINGERPRINTING MUST BE PROVIDED WITH APPLICATION.
**THE REQUIRED WRITTEN FIREARMS QUALIFICATION, IN ACCORDANCE WITH
N.J.A.C. 13:54-2.4(b) CAN BE OBTAINED AT MOST FIREARMS RANGES THROUGHOUT THE STATE. A LIST OF SOME OF THE RANGES CAN BE FOUND HERE.
**IF ANY OF THE PRECEDING IS NOT COMPLETE OR INCORRECT THE APPLICATION WILL BE RETURNED AND YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-APPLY.