Solid Waste & Recycling/Transfer Station
Albert Gras, Public Works Superintendent
Phone: 609-561-7070 extension 129
Transfer Station Hours — Third Saturday of each month from 8 am to 2 pm for disposal of the following items: Waste Oil, metals, electronics and brush. The transfer station will no longer accept household trash, bulk items, tires, batteries, or items with Freon.
WASTE OIL is accepted at the transfer station; maximum 10 quarts per visit.
METAL items can be disposed of in the metal bin without permits.
E-RECYCLING – Electronics such as computers, TVs -flat screen only); monitors -flat screen only), VCRs, scanners, printers, faxes, rechargeable batteries are accepted. TVs will not be accepted if disassembled. Magnum List of Accepted Items 2019
RECYCLING is every other week the schedule is available at Town Hall or by visiting the ACUA website: www.acua.com. Recycling containers “buckets” are available by contacting the ACUA at (609) 272-6950. Atlantic County uses a single stream recycling, sorting and processing system, so all of your recyclables can be placed in the same container.
CURBSIDE TRASH PICK-UP EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2020
Find your collection day & sign up for reminders: acua.com/Mullica
- Place all material curbside by 7 a.m.
- Full container limit is 50 lbs, excluding wheeled/lidded carts
- Bulky waste: 2 items per trash day including furniture & carpet. Carpet must be cut into 4′ lengths, rolled & tied (1 roll=1 bulk item)
- NO construction waste, tires, metals, TVs or electronics are collected by the ACUA.
- Latex paint is NOT hazardous waste. Dried latex pain can be disposed of in the trash.
- Rigid Plastics & Shredded Paper cannot be recycled curbside, but they can be recycled at no charge at the ACUA’s recycling drop-off in Egg Harbor Township. acua.com/rcdropoffs
- Batteries: Alkaline batteries can go in the trash. Rechargeable, nickel-cadmium, lithium-ion, silver-oxide and lead-acid batteries should be taken to a Household Hazardous Waste drop-off. acua.com/hhw
Containers with wheels and lid may be purchased for $75.00 each from the ACUA. You may go on-line to purchase or call (609) 272-6950 the ACUA will drop the container(s) off.
RECYCLING IS THE LAW! ALL RESIDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO RECYCLE! Recycling Requirements can be found in the Township Code: https://ecode360.com/9424814