HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
The Township of Mullica has an opening for a Heavy Equipment Operator position with the Public Works Department. High School / Vocational High School or possession of an approved High School Equivalency Certificate required. Valid driver’s license with CDL Endorsement. Ability to read, write, speak, understand or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of the position. Proficiency in the operation of heavy equipment. The starting salary $28,000, work schedule is rotating, which includes weekends. Please apply at the Municipal Building, 4528 White Horse Pike, Elwood, NJ. EOE
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS JOB DESCRIPTION
Heavy Equipment Operator
Union : AFSCME
Supervisor : Superintendent of Public Works
Minimum Qualifications: Valid NJ Driver’s License with CDL Endorsement. Graduation from High School or Vocational High School, or possession on an approved High School Equivalency Certificate Ability to read, write, speak, understand or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of the position. Proficiency in the operation of heavy equipment.
- Operate all Township Heavy Equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Operate all Township Light Equipment as directed by supervisor
- Perform driver preventative maintenance in accordance with prescribed methods
- Keep, complete and fill out operational and preventative maintenance records
- Log all problems with township equipment and machinery and report same to supervisor
- Load, lift and move supplies, furniture and equipment
- Mow, cut and chip brush. Trim, prune & maintain shrubs & trees.
- Pick up trash, debris
- Clean up underbrush, foliage, vines and weeds, dig tree stumps, destroys poisonous vines, weeds and undergrowth
- Shovel snow and remove ice and snow from pavement, assist in spreading sand and chemicals
- Paint, stain and seal playground equipment, building etc.
- Load and unload trucks
- Occasionally or incidentally drives trucks, tractors or loaders
- Assists in the maintenance of township owned machinery and equipment as directed by supervisor
- Any other allied and similar duties or work as is required or ordered by the supervisor.
Please apply in preson at the Mullica Township Municipal Building, 4528 White Horse Pike, Elwood, NJ or obtain employment application on-line www.mullicatownship.org. EOE